A Conversation About Love That Leads To A Send-Off Failure

 


 

“What are your plans when you get home?”

“You know what, man? There’s this girl I really like. And I think that there’s a huge chance that she’ll fall for me if I continue wooing her.”

“Why do you say that?”

“You see,  we’ve had a colorful story. She used to be my boss, and all my proposals and plans then would go through her, and every one of them, man, she rejected. I worked hard on every one of them, mind you. It was obvious she wanted me out and she didn’t want to work with me, so I got out of that job and tried to find another job elsewhere.”

“Oh.”

“But it’s okay. There were other opportunities, I thought I really wasn’t good at that job anyway. But at my next job, she wrote to my new boss, and told him that I was incompetent and would never be an asset to any company.”

“Really, she did that?”

 “Yes, that led to my firing, but it’s okay, I just tried to look for another job and continued wooing her.”

“Oh.”

“I continued to give her gifts and sent her messages.”

“Did she like the gifts? Did she thank you for it?"

“I think she either threw them away or gave them away. And no, not a word of appreciation from her."

“Oh. I'm thinking she didn't respond to the messages either?”

“She wouldn’t read them, man, not even one message. I think I’ve sent her a hundred at least. And then she blocked me on almost all her social media accounts. And that made me  thoroughly insecure and depressed and I tried overdosing… but decided I would need to go to a psychiatrist first.”

“Ah, that’s how me met.”

“Yes, that’s how we met.”

“So you finally stopped?”

“No. I stalked her on one of her social media accounts with an alias. I sent her a message there.”

“Oh. Did she finally respond?”

“It’s been five years and she hasn’t responded.”

“She probably knows it’s you.”

“I think so too.”

“So, you finally stopped? Tell me you’d stopped.”

“No, man, just like what I told you at the start of this conversation, I think there's a huge chance that I can change her mind and make her love me."

“How long have you been courting her?”

“Twenty years.”

“Jesus.”

“But I don’t mind, it’s—”

“Wait… I’ll talk to a nurse.”

“Yes, man, go ahead. Meanwhile, can I sing?”

“Yes.”

“Love descends on those defenseless.”

“Nurse, come here.”

“Yes, doc.”

“Idiot love will spark the fusion.”

“His family is waiting for him at the lobby, right?”

“Yes, doc. I saw them just a few minutes ago, they look happy and excited.”

“Tell them that he is not leaving the sanatorium today. He’s still severely ill mentally, he’s delusional and should stay here a few more months before they can take him home.”

“Inspirations have I none, just to touch the flaming dove.”

“I thought he was well now, doc.”

“That’s what I thought, too, but this dialogue I’m having with him right now shows otherwise. He’s still delusional. So just talk to his family.”

“Yes, doc.”

“Tell them I commiserate with them.”

“Yes, doc.”

“All I have is my love of love, and love is not loving.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

"Hey, This Song Has Built A House Inside My Head!"