GOALS

 


     I remember we were at a mall at that time, eating inside a restaurant after buying something. She was still in high school, If my memory would serve me right, and while we were eating, she nonchalantly said, “My goals are to earn my first few millions and visit some countries in Europe before I reach thirty.”

     Now, I can’t remember why we veered into that topic. Maybe, I was whining about how little I was earning. Lol. I remember chuckling, seeing the irony that I was way past thirty that time and I wasn’t sure if I already earned my first (not first few) million by then. Lol. What I was sure at that time was I hadn’t visited any country in Europe, though I really would like to see the Eiffel Tower or the Louvre Museum in Paris. It really would be nice to see Mona Lisa up close.

     Fast forward to present, and she has already fulfilled that goals (she studied/worked hard for it), working just a couple of years but already earning a few million pesos and being able to visit lots of countries in Europe while she still has a few years before she reaches thirty.

     I also remember her saying that once she achieves her goals, she’d pay for my trip around Europe.

     Well, Europe is nice, and it would certainly be a lovely gift, but I think I’d just ask her to convert it into cash. Lol. Anyway, Eiffel Tower and the Louvre are just overrated. Who cares about Mona Lisa, anyway? Not me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

"Hey, This Song Has Built A House Inside My Head!"