PACQUIAO VERSUS DE LA HOYA


Something is occurring this December that excites many Filipinos more than the coming of Christmas. Yes, sir, it’s the coming fight between Manny Pacquiao and Oscar De La Hoya. It’s a fight that I dismissed as a joke when it was first floated around because the two were in different weight divisons.

Since I’m a ranking member of The Solid Intrepid Manny Pacquiao Fan Club (Metro Manila Chapter) and the former vice-president of the now disbanded The Unbeatable Manny Pacquiao-Ara Mina Fan Club, I often get asked about my views on the fight. “Who do you think will win?” people would always ask me, as if I were a boxing expert. I'd always say that De La Hoya (since he’s a lot taller than Manny and he’s coming from a heavier weight division where he battled foes that were a lot bigger and stronger than those whom Manny had brawled with) has the edge. We shouldn’t forget that Oscar had fought Floyd Mayweather Jr. and almost won. I, for the life of me, can’t see how Pacquiao can win against a healthy Mayweather. But Oscar has not much edge. Manny is definitely quicker than Oscar and has stronger punches and he’s younger. Oscar, at thirty five years old, is already an ageing boxer.

Of course, I want Manny Pacquiao to win or else.

Or else I’ll cry.

But then win or lose, Manny has been enshrined as the greatest athlete this country has produced.

I think it’s not De La hoya who will put Manny to his knees, it’s the @$%&*# politicians who are now eagerly awaiting for him to run again for an elective post although is obvious that Manny can only rule and be effective inside the ring; outside of it, he’s a patsy.

Kumanta ka na lang kaysa magpulitiko, Manny, mas kagigiliwan ka ng publiko do’n.
Para sa 'yo,
Ang laban na 'to,
Para sa 'yo,
Ang laban na 'to (ohhh)
Hindi ako susuko,
Isisigaw ko sa mundo
Para sa 'yo,
Ang laban na 'to...


Kumanta nga :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...