While The Room Dances (And The Night Sways)

 


     Few days ago, I had another bout of severe dizziness. The last one occurred a few years ago, way before the pandemic. I woke up at around two in the morning with my room spinning and I was perspiring really cold sweats. I thought I was about to have a heart attack (that is what Google will tell you when you look for it) so I grabbed my phone when the vertigo subsided and deactivated my Facebook account. That has been my plan, to have my social media account die with me. So I lay there (strangely relaxed) in my bed while the room danced in the darkness and the night swayed and cold sweats broke out from every part of my body and waited for the attack. It's not that I had a heart illness, but it's really a symptom of an incoming heart attack, plus, I wasn't really thinking coherently at that time-- but fortunately, nothing came.

     My vertigo, Google also suspected, was probably caused instead by severe attack of allergic rhinitis; I probably sneezed so hard and so often hours before that it put pressure to my inner ear. And also, my new pair of eyeglasses probably aggravated the dizziness.

     Being forgetful, I forgot to reactivate my Facebook and instead, finished a novel and binge-watched a series (Ozark, a crime drama series on Netflix about an accountant laundering money for a drug cartel; it’s filled with really nasty and evil characters and it’s freakin’ good though the first few episodes are so slow I almost stopped watching.)

     The things you can do when you stay away temporarily from social media.

     I have reactivated my Facebook now, so I ain’t achieving things anymore again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...