Picking Up Marina

 


      Yesterday I received a Messenger message selling some books (paperback and hardbound and at bargain prices). I looked at the titles/authors and none really interested me. There’s a book by David Leviathan and some by Paulo Coelho but they weren’t in hardbound. But I was too shy not to buy so I picked one, Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, which was in paperback, too. I chose it because I remembered seeing it on an Instagram account I was following.  There’s this photo where the pretty Instagram account owner, wearing a black negligee, wait, was it a negligee? Well, I don’t know much about female clothing but it’s a sleeveless black dress, yes, with some see-through parts (chest and tummy) and it was partnered with tight black pants, and… where was I? A, okay, ahem, well, she was holding the book upright, showing the cover, with her hands. So yes, that photo made me choose Marina, and when I was handed the book, that black dress crossed my mind again, er, I mean, the Instagram post.

     Anyway, according to Wikipedia, Marina is a supernatural mystery history that takes place in Barcelona. And since I love that black dress, I mean, I love supernatural mystery books, I think I’d enjoy reading it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...