Automated Responses

 


     Almost two months ago, while there’s a thunderstorm, our cable box died but I put off calling for a repair because I knew I’d just be met with machine voices when I call for one. Press 1 if you’re still alive, Press 2 if you want to die that kind of thing. I have been a bit traumatized by automated responses, so I stuck with just Netflix and YouTube in the meantime. (I really don't watch cable TV nowadays.) Last time I tried to call for a WiFi repair, I was already waiting for around fourteen hours on the phone for a technician to talk to and I just put the phone down to attend to something, and when I got back, the line is already dead. When I called again and finally got in contact with a human being, I was told that the previous call was cut because no one was on our phone—and I left the phone for only one minute.

     Automated voices or responses, for me, are cold and cruel, it’s like those who put this thing up don’t care about their customers, and that their real intention is to just drive these callers away and make them stop calling, like it’s an attempt to make their customers feel they are unimportant and don’t deserve immediate assistance and genuine response.

     Anyway, I learned that the cable company preferred that you message them on Facebook Messenger or Viber, but still, I vacillated for days as I knew I’d just be met with programmed messages, one of those would probably read Hi, we are having difficulty finding someone who can talk to you. Why not fuck off for a while and do something beneficial to the world. It gets really tiring trying to communicate with someone who never values you or respects you—as a customer, that is. But after hesitating for a quarter of century, I finally did message them on Messenger three days ago, and well, it was good, the responses are prompt, and when they asked me to rate the conversation, I gave them 5 stars, the highest, and a technician arrived at our house the next day and our cable’s okay now.

    But I still prefer Netflix and YouTube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...