Hurry, It's Sale!

 


     So I saw this meme about bargain sales: a pair of shoes worth 100 pesos being ignored by shoppers, which was then put on sale, making people rush towards it so they could purchase it. The bargain price of the shoes? 100 pesos.

     It reminded me of an incident I experienced. More than a decade ago, I saw this toy car (which I thought would be a nice gift to a nephew) inside a toy store with 800-peso tag price, which I found totally exorbitant. I thought buying a nephew with rich parents an expensive toy was rather excessive. Lol. But then, after few weeks, while inside the mall again, I heard that the toy shop (and many other stores inside the mall) had bargain sale, so I went to the toy store and looked for the toy car and I saw that, yes, it was on sale, with a discount of 50%. It’s new price? 800 pesos, down from its original price of 1.6K.

     I talked to a sales person to confirm it. The price grieved me and the first stage of grief was denial. But yes, the toy’s discounted price was 800 pesos, and I told her that just a few weeks ago, its tag price (without the discount) was already 800 pesos, so where was the bargain there?

     She just smiled and shrugged and said, “I don’t know, sir.”

    And I left the store empty-handed.

     I am not saying that all bargain sales are scam, I ‘m just relating a personal experience.

     If Thanos would encounter this kind of sales, he'd have another reason to decimate the universe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...