CATCHING BAD DREAMS






"The dreamcatchers would filter out all bad dreams and 
only allow good thoughts to enter our mind.
 Once the sun rises, all bad dreams just disappear..." 


I was a magnet for bad dreams.

And when I say bad dreams, I mean those horrific ones that are not for the faint of heart, ones people call nightmares, ones that are populated by dead people dragging you to afterlife, ones where you can almost feel that someone is really trying to hurt you, wrest your arm, pinch you,  ones where you can hear someone whispering your name in a scary and threatening way, ones where your house companions would rush to your bed to wake you up because you’re groaning and you’re moaning  too loud to the point that you’re almost screaming.

That kind, yeah! And they visit me too often.

I don’t know why. Maybe because I have a hyperactive brain. My brain doesn’t rest even for a minute. Work hazard. I write/read books a lot. My brain only shuts up when I’m sleeping. Wait, I just contradicted myself. My brain doesn’t rest even when I’m asleep. The gears inside my brain keep on grinding even while I’m sleeping— they invite nightmares.

But fortunately, it’s a thing of the past now. I really am not a superstitious person but last December, my niece received, as one of her gifts, a dreamcatcher. Knowing that I had a ‘predilection’ to terrible dreams, she gave it to me and I hung it inside my room. 

I wasn’t expecting it to work, of course, because a dreamcatcher, they say, only neutralizes kids’ bad dreams and I am not what you can still call a kid, but ever since that day, coincidence or not, nightmares stopped haunting me. My dreams now are too harmless that instead of seeing dead people dragging me to their graves or monsters trying to break all my bones in my dreams, I see  myself cavorting with Anne Curtis with her telling me that she can buy me anything I want, including another dreamcatcher.

And, oh, luckily, Anne doesn't sing in my dreams.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...