“I’M FEDERAL AGENT JACK BAUER AND TODAY IS THE LONGEST DAY OF MY LIFE!"





“Dammit!”
         -- Jack Bauer

          I first heard about 24 (yeah, the award-winning show which main character is a gung ho agent named Jack Bauer) around 2006, I think. At that time, few seasons had aired.  I wasn’t that interested on TV shows that time (movies are enough for me to help me while away my time when I wasn’t doing anything) but I decided to give it a try.

          I searched for DVDs of the show, watched it and I got hooked immediately.

          24 is suspenseful, nail-biting, exciting, exhilarating and smart—in short, very entertaining.  It goes over-the-top at times but never insulting and never boring. Boring is a word you will never use to describe 24. What is boring is a night without an episode of 24. Tee-hee. The show regularly uses split screens (to show different scenes occurring at the same time) and uses real time in its narration.  Every season has 24 episodes. And the whole season happens in just one day (one hour per episode).

          We were (me and my house companions) so hooked that there were times when we’d watch 5 episodes in one night.  Each episode runs at approximately at 40 minutes so five episodes are equivalent to 200 minutes or more than three hours ( I hope my math here is accurate).

          Sadly, after season 8, which aired in 2010, 24 packed its bags and Jack stopped saving the world from terrorists. But while its fans were still mourning its demise, voila! it got resurrected this year with a new season entitled Live Another Day, which, inexplicably, has only 12  episodes.

          But it really doesn’t’ matter, what’s important is that Jack is back and still as awesome and tough as ever.

          So why am I writing a blog entry for 24? Aside from the fact that I'm currently idle, it is because few hours from now, while I am writing this, the last episode from Live Another Day will air. And it might be Jack’ swan song, and that it will never be resurrected again—there are even rumors that Jack will die in the season finale, which I hope is not true.

          This blog entry is my way of crossing my fingers that Jack Bauer will eventually be back again and maybe do one full season (24 episodes) before he goes away permanently.


           Here are ten (funny) Jack Bauer Facts:
          
           1. Jack Bauer once strangled a man with a cordless phone.

          2. When Kim Bauer lost her virginity, Jack found it and put it back.

          3. When Jack Bauer cuts onions, the onions cry.

          4. Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.

          5. Jack Bauer can beat the gay out of Elton John.

          6. Jack Bauer doesn't have nightmares. Nightmares have Jack Bauers.

          7. Jack Bauer can unscramble an egg.

          8. After the nuclear apocalypse, all that will be left is five cockroaches and Jack Bauer.

          9. Bullet-proof vests wear Jack Bauer for protection.

          10. Every time Jack Bauer kills a terrorist, an angel gets its wings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...