TYRION LANNISTER DEMANDS ANOTHER TRIAL BY COMBAT AND OTHER STUNNING SCENES FROM GAME of THRONES




We were at the airport the other day, waiting for someone to arrive from Lion City when the lady beside me whipped her cell phone out, and as I, mindlessly, glanced at it, I thought I saw Jon Snow in her wallpaper. Okay, it might just be her boyfriend or another celebrity but too late, it already spurred me to think of another blog entry about Game of Thrones.


Here’s what I think are 12 of the best moments(there are lots of astounding moments in the show, I assure you) in five seasons of Game of Thrones that either made its viewers smile, astonish, upset or angered them or plainly shocked them:


 12. Daenerys walking into the fire unscathed and the birth of the three dragons.
11. The bonding between Jamie Lannister and Brienne of Tarth.
10. The relationship between brothers Jaime and Tyrion.
9. Tyrion killing his father, Tywin, and Shae.
8. Ned Stark’s execution.
7. The ultra-bloody Red Wedding.
6. The Purple Wedding.
5. The brutal combat between Prince Oberyn and The Mountain.
4. Cersei Lannister’s Walk of Shame.
3. Jon Snow’s murder.
2. The Battle of Hardhome.
1. The Trial of Tyrion Lannister for the murder of King Joffrey.

And my favorite line from the show?  I was wavering between “I demand a trial by combat!” and “You know nothing, Jon Snow.” The latter is uberly romantic as it is Ygritte’s way of secretly telling the clueless Jon of her feelings for him, like it’s a code, that whenever she utters it, she’s telling him that she likes him and that he doesn’t even have the slightest clue about it.

“You know nothing, Jon Snow,” she told him as she lay dying and was breathing her last in his arms.

But I choose  the more iconic “I demand a trial by combat!” I mean, wouldn’t it be fun, especially when you mistrust the judges in your place, to have an option to demand a trial by combat and choose your champion?  And since I’m here in the Philippines, I will choose Manny Pacquiao and hope that my opponent picks Mayweather and wait if the gods, the old and the new, will declare me innocent.

And now the anguished wait for the return of GoT  begins.
At least Tyrion’s still alive.
And the books are still available.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...