FEELING MISERABLE? NO WORRIES, THE UNIVERSAL LAW OF BALANCE IS HERE TO SAVE YOU!




       We were at the mall the other day, and me and my niece were whiling away the time inside a game area waiting for our companions. We were watching a cute chubby bespectacled teenager try her luck at the claw machine, she was already on her 14th try,  I think, and my niece had given up on her.

       “That machine is obviously fixed,” said my niece. “The end of the world has a better chance of happening today than on her getting that stuffed toy.”

       I agreed with her, the machine was rigged and it was a common knowledge—but I told her that the teenager will most likely win on her 14th or 15th try, rigged machine or not.

       “Naah!” exclaimed my niece,who was an engineering freshman. “Machine is fixed, it will only continue to break her heart.”

       But the teenager did win on her 15th try and finally hooked the Garfield stuffed toy she had been eyeing.

       “Nice,” my niece smiled. “How did you guess she was going to win?”

       “Universal law of balance,” I answered and smiled.

       Universal law of balance is described as the inescapable cosmic principle that brings balance to life when things are going just a little too well or too bad for you.

       Simply put, you can’t win all the time. This law dictates that you have to lose sometimes.

       You also can’t lose all the time, one day you’re going to finally bet on the winning racehorse and watch it gallop gracefully towards the finish line.

       You can’t permanently cry,  there will come a time you will laugh so hard that you’ll break your jaw.

       You can’t be forever falling flat on your face; one day, you’ll do this one right thing that will make everyone consider you a hero.

       You can’t be blessed all the time, a bad luck must happen to you once in a while, you’ll probably fall one rainy morning into an open manhole filled with hungry piranhas.

       You can’t be unfortunate and miserable all the time; the time will come that you will be so lucky that you’ll win the lottery even without buying a ticket and that you will be so happy that your name will be enacted as a synonym to the word happy.

       Now, this is what is scaring me. This year and last year were terribly, awfully bad for me, but with this universal law of balance expected to turn everything around for me, I am so scared that 2016 will be so blessed, meaningful, colorful and happy that my heart would not be able to take it and declare an organ failure.

       When the cute chubby teenager left cuddling her precious Garfield, I bought some tokens and tried my luck at the claw machine targeting a Spongebob Squarepants stuffed toy.  I gave up after a fruitless 102 tries.

       “I told you it’s fixed,” my niece sneered. “The machine and that universal law of balance chorva.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...