George Michael Died On Christmas Day






“You are far,
I'm never gonna be your star,
I'll pick up the pieces
And mend my heart,
Maybe I'll be strong enough,
I don't know where to start,
But I'll never find
Peace of mind,
While I listen to my heart…”
                        "Kissing A Fool," George Michael

       Last Christmas (this is not a cruel pun), music icon George Michael died, apparently,  of a heart attack.  He was 53.
       A little personal anecdote about George: I don’t know if it’s part of an assignment or just a whim, but when she was still in school,  my younger sister brought my Faith album (George Michael’s debut solo album) to her school. Her teacher saw it, listened to it and exclaimed, “Uy, ang gaganda ng songs dito!” The teacher borrowed it, took it home and we never saw the album again. The last time my sister saw her teacher, she (the teacher) was happily humming “I Want Your Sex” to herself.
       I can’t blame the teacher, Faith has always been considered as George Michael’s best album. “Kissing A Fool” is such a gem.
       RIP, George, maybe you can write a song there, together with Prince and David Bowie, who both, sadly, died also this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...