Oh, Man!


       Manny Pacquiao immediately fought again after announcing his retirement and so did Floyd Mayweather. Pink Floyd quickly regrouped again after announcing their disbandment—so it’s probably not too embarrassing if I continue this blog after announcing its end.  Moral of the story? Never make a decision when you’re drunk. Lol.
       Anyway, I just want to share this little anecdote involving our family’s current apple of the eye, my 17- month old nephew named Julian.  My sister’s family was in our house last week and I was tasked to babysit Julian.  My nephew  still couldn’t speak except for the obligatory “Dada!” “Mama!” and “Papa!”  “Dada,” incidentally, is my family’s pet name for me. So there was our boy,  in our living room, busy with his toys, when suddenly, a Lego piece slipped from his hand and fell to the floor, causing the collapse of his tower. He looked at the toy, shook his head and quipped, “Oh, man!” It was clear and complete with an American accent.  I nearly fell off my chair.
        It turns out that he’s been watching Dora The Explorer which main antagonist is Swiper, a sneaky masked fox, who loves to utter the expression.
       “Oh, man!”
       That expression easily sums up my love life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...