The Life We Really Want Is One With A President Who Is Not A Nincompoop ( And One With Roger Waters' New Album)



She was always here in my heart
Always the love of my life
We were strangers, oceans apart
But when I laid eyes on her, a part of me died…
                                                “Oceans Apart”

       Roger Waters’ new album, Is This The Life We Really Want? is now out it in the market—and it doesn’t disappoint as almost all the songs are brilliant and angry and caustic and haunting and heartbreaking (and Pink Floyd-ish that will easily fit in The Wall) and yes, political as expected, with one song talking about a nincompoop who became a president). And my favorite among them is the “The Most Beautiful Girl.” Utterly poignant and haunting (Roger’s voice is emotive throughout), “The Most Beautiful Girl” is about a woman who was tragically killed ( I read somewhere that it’s about an innocent girl who was hit and killed by a bomb dropped somewhere in Syria) and the indifference of those who have caused her death. This is a stunning, emotional song, believe me. 

       My other fave tracks are: “Wait For Her,” “Part Of Me Died” (and its sort of intro, “Oceans Apart”) “The Last Refugee,” “Déjà vu,” and the title track.


 "Hold on", she said
"You're breaking my heart"
It's weird how the steel rails
Disappear into the dark
They clung to the ivory tower on her braids
They were never afraid of falling
But the bomb hit the spot where the numbers all stop
And the last thing they heard was her calling...
Home
Home, I'm coming home...


Comments

essay best said…
The title of the album itself is very catchy and when I heard about it, I decided to listened to it. All songs are beautiful. Good luck.
Ron Mendoza said…
Yup,man, all the songs in the album are beautiful and I think it's Roger Water's best solo album.

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...