Fidget Spinning Your Time Away (While You Wait For Winter To Come)




       When I first heard and learned about fidget spinners, my first thought was, It’s a toy for idiots. (A remark I instantly regretted when somebody told me that fidget spinners help people with autism and ADHD cope with psychological stress and nervous energy—although there is yet no scientific basis that the toy really does that). How can watching something spin be entertaining? Other toys like yo-yo or Beyblade, for instance, offer more challenges ( yo-yo’s a lot more challenging, in fact, that up to now, I still can’t do the “walk the dog” trick.) If I were still a child wanting to play, I’d pick slinky anytime over a fidget spinner, I thought.

       Then, one day, somebody requested a fidget spinner gift from my sister. She obliged and while at it, she saw a Game of Thrones-themed fidget spinner ( it has the insignia of House Stark). We were GoT fans so she bought it and gave it to me, knowing that, sometimes, I had the mind of a ten year old and thinking that I would want to have one while waiting for the return of Game of Thrones. I spun it for a few times, then dropped it and played with my Barbi-, er, action figures instead.

       Until a few days ago, I stumbled upon a YouTube video showing some neat tricks you could do with a fidget spinner. And now, I’ve been sleepless for, I think, 26 hours and 42 minutes now trying to master the finger transfer trick. Spinner switch and placing it on top of your nose seem thoroughly difficult, at least for me. So, does it relieve you of stress and tension? I don’t know, you can probably play it straight for ten days but still get nervous and fidgety at times, especially when utility bills start knocking at your door.

Comments

Jack said…
well to be honest I would have thought the same. Posting and informing us about it. Its always good to know new stuff. Keep it up with the good shares.

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...