Great Movies Require Great Songs




      I watched two films, Okja and Free Fire, two nights in a row, and “Annie’s Song” (a song John Denver wrote for his wife) figured significantly in both movies (both released this 2017), helping them unfold dramatically. Like they say, great movies often include, nay, require, great songs to be, well, great, and memorable. Oftentimes, a song originally made for a movie outlasts the movie. Everybody has forgotten the movie but everybody 's still playing and singing the song. Although “Annie’s Song,” obviously, wasn’t specifically written for the said movies. But who’s complaining? And most great songs, often, are written and dedicated to somebody, a real person. 

      Okay, Okja and Free Fire aren’t classics but they’re both good.

 You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like a mountain in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again
Come let me love you
Let me give my life to you
Let me drown in your laughter
Let me die in your arms
Let me lay down beside you
Let me always be with you
Come let me love you
            "Annie's Song," John Denver


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...