Maxwell, His Silver Hammer, A Psychopath And A Common House Gecko




      I had a strange dream last night…
      In my dream, I was inside a train,   and then a woman  asked me if I knew this certain building. I said, “Yeah, I know that,” and accompanied her to the building.  There’s a canteen at the ground floor of the building and she invited me to have lunch with  her.  Strangely, “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer,” a Beatles song, was playing inside the canteen while we ate, and she commented, “Such a nice, happy song.”
      “Not really,” I countered.
      “Why?”
      I told her that the song was about a student , Maxwell Edison, a serial killer who used a silver hammer to murder people.”
      “Oh,” she said, aghast,” that’s bad. It’s not nice to kill.”
      “Of course,” I agreed, "except..." my dream switched before I could finish and I found myself sitting in front of a big-screen TV, listening to the ramblings of an obviously psychopathic president from I-don’t-know-what–godforsaken-country who evidently reveled and who was almost frothing at the  mouth in delight in the daily massacre of his countrymen.
      Then, I woke up and thought about those people who felt guilty for days for accidentally killing a common house gecko.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...