Dogs, A Mysterious Pink Floyd Instrumental And Leo Sayer



     So this tricycle passed by our house, blaring this Leo Sayer song, “When I Need You,” a song about masturbat—, er, pining over your love during a long-distance relationship, and I recalled again the cassette tape of  Pink Floyd’s Animals that I bought many years ago. In that tape, an instrumental would play right after the song “Dogs” (an awesome seventeen-minute long song about charming but greedy, ruthless and manipulative businessmen). The instrumental was not listed in the album, so I thought it was part of “Dogs,” sort of an outro. The instrumental had a lovely melody, and was not too trippy or psychedelic and thoroughly enjoyable. But as I learned later, it wasn’t part of “Dogs,” so it was most likely a bonus instrumental track.
  
      And that instrumental will thoroughly remind you of “When I Need You.” They sound so similar  that they might as well be twins, the only difference is one’s an instrumental and the other has (vulgar, lol) lyrics. And oh, "When I need You" is a bit slower and the Pink Floyd instrumental had guitar solos. But when I researched about that Pink Floyd instrumental and if it was connected with the Leo Sayer song, I learned, to my dismay, that there was no info about that Pink Floyd instrumental. It’s like it didn’t exist, it’s like only me had heard that instrumental, that I would probably be better off searching for the Holy Grail. And the sad thing about it is that my evidence that it’s real, the cassette tape that contained it, was turned into ashes when our house burned down years ago. There's a lot of info about "When I Need You," but none of it gives a hint that it's connected with the Pink Floyd instrumental.

     Does it exist or did I just dream about it? I did like the instrumental so much that whenever I miss it, I would go ro YouiTube and listen to "When I Need You," but no, I don't close my eyes or hold out a hand and touch love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...