Greek Mythology Versus Norse Mythology (Zeus Versus Thor)



     While inside the mall, I snuck inside a bookstore and walked straight to the customer service and asked if they got a copy of Neil Gaiman’s latest book, Norse Mythology. A sales clerk went in front of the computer and looked, then shook her head. “Out of stock,” she said. “But we have Greek Mythology.”

     I suppressed a laugh,  but then, come to think of it, Greek Mythology, I think,  is more popular than Norse Mythology, although there is no Greek god that is as popular as Thor or Loki now (because of the Marvel superhero movies.) Mr. Gaiman should have probably retold or reimagined Greek Mythology instead.

     “Do you have other Neil Gaiman books?” I asked the clerk, who promptly looked at the monitor again.

     “We have Trigger Warning.

     “Nope,” I shook my head.

     “We have Fragile Things,” she said.

     “Is it hardbound?” I asked.

     “Yes, she answered.

     “May I take a look?”

     She left and returned with the book, tightly wrapped with plastic cover, and handed it to me. I stared at the book, bewildered, it looked small to be a hardcover. The clerk grinned when I looked back at her again,” We don’t have hardcover copy of that anymore.”

     “A, okay,” I said, then, quickly put the book down when she left. I wanted a hardcover and I think I’d go look for a copy of Norse Mythology first. I browsed the books on the shelves, hoping to stumble on a (better) replacement book, and I almost laughed when I saw a book about Greek Mythology.

     Maybe, just maybe, If I fail to find a copy of Norse Mythology before Christmas (that’s my  second “Norse Mythology is out of stock” bookstore), I will probably just settle with a copy of Greek Mythology. Lol. Anyhow, I think a superhero version of Zeus could easily kick Marvel's Thor’s ass). Incidentally, both are Gods of Thunder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...