Dear Health, Take Care `Coz I Care



     A few days ago, I was lazily scrolling my Facebook News Feed when I saw a post from a family of an acquaintance of mine, a former colleague during the heyday of local komiks, They were asking for some financial help for him. He is currently confined in a hospital due to kidney and heart complications from diabetes and is almost blind.

     Diabetes.

     I looked at the dark chocolate bar I was currently holding, my dessert after lunch, and refrained myself from biting at it again.  Instead, I put it back in the ref and made me some tea. Then I performed three push-ups and three sit-ups and promised, while terribly panting, to go back to exercising starting the next day. Everyone’s New Year resolution should be taking good care of their health, and you could do this, they say, by regularly exercising, eating healthy food (too much rice coupled with too much soft drinks, they say, can cause diabetes), not smoking, avoiding too much alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and salt intake, and getting enough sleep and having regular sex.

     I could do all that, easy-peasy, I think, except for the last bit, the having regular sex thingy. Why would having sex be good for the health? It tires you, it stresses you, it makes you anxious—okay, I’m just being bitter because I’m single. Lol. Sex, they say, actually lowers your blood pressure and the risk of heart attack, it’s a great form of (enjoyable) exercise, it helps men avoid prostate cancer, improves sleep, gives you glowing and younger-looking skin, relieves pain, strengthens immunity, and yes, it actually de-stresses and keeps you in a happy mood and makes you live longer. 

     Darn, I'd probably be unhealthy all my life and will have a short life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...