Go To MIBF And Fill Your Room With Souls



     Today, September 11, 2019, is the start of the 40th edition of Manila International Book Fair at the SMX Convention Center at Mall Of Asia Complex at Pasay City. It will end on Sunday, 15th of September. Books and the cerebral joys they bring will be available from 10 AM to 8 PM.

     I’m planning to go, as usual, I just don’t know if it will push through, lol. The first time I went to MIBF, I think was in 2011, the second was in 2012, then in 2013 and the last time I was there was in 2014, I think. I tried to enter the venue last 2017 but failed, the queue outside was longer than the Great Wall Of China and was barely moving. One or two of the few personalities whose Facebook account I visit once in a while will be at the event this year selling books. Personalities who share my political beliefs, who are intellectual, witty and have fantastic sense of humor, who incidentally are also writers. I love reading their political, oftentimes witty, opinions.  I’m a bit embarrassed to send them friend request as they don’t know me personally. And this MIBF, they will be at the venue with their new books, and I’d like to get my hands on those books.  

     If you have the time and money and energy, go to MIBF, buy books, most of them are discounted, fill your room with them, since like what Cicero said, “A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...