You Give Dog A Bad Name



     So, last week, my brother-in-law bought two Shih Tzus (see photo above) for his kids, and my sister (the wife) immediately asked us for names for the puppies, even putting up prize money to whoever could give the best, most-inspired names. And I naturally joined, but alas, I could only suggest two worn-out dog names: Floyd and Bono, names I’ve already given to my previous dogs. I don’t know, names have always been my Achilles’ heel. When I write, I always find it extremely difficult to name my characters. It’s always easier for me to write short stories or novels than think of a name for a character. I remember writing a 40-thousand-plus words erotic novel based on nonchalant Facebook comment (“I once got obsessed with a nude model in one of our painting sessions...") in ten days, while I need eleven days to name a character. Lol.

     I’ve also quickly written several 20-thousand-plus words romance novels and other stories just based on song titles, newspaper articles, love advice columns, anecdotes from friends and acquaintances or on quotes.

    But naming a character, it would often take me two eternities to name one and even then, I am never satisfied with the names I’ve chosen. So naturally, my names for the Shih Tzus weren’t chosen. And guess who won? My sister’s 9-year old daughter. And the names she gave their puppies? Oreo and Milo. Which, in fairness, are kinda cute.

    But still, I think the contest was rigged. Lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...