Fallible Human Beings In Love



     I follow certain personalities in Facebook (although not officially as these people don't know me from Adam) because I am entertained by their posts and we share the same political leanings. Every now and then, whenever I remember, I would go to their timeline and read their posts, which are oftentimes smart and witty, which is really not surprising because these people are either writers or professors.
  
     But these past few days, I learned that one of these people is in love, and it’s (cue sad music here) unrequited. And his entertaining funny posts took a detour to being melancholy and yes, desperate. Posts like “mahalin mo naman sana ako kaht konti” or “wala akong balak na paalisin ka pa sa puso ko,” with broken heart emojis. Ugh!  Note that this man (he’s gay) posts mostly in English. Gone are the witty existential or anti-government posts.

     I probably won’t be visiting his timeline in quite a while. Why do people become pitiful human beings when they’re in love, unrequitedly or not? Why do they say and do disgusting things? Why does love make every human fallible? Ugh!

     Incidentally, I saw the lady I am in love with yesterday wearing a skirt and I wanted to kiss and lick her feet up to her knee pits.

     Ugh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...