Reunions In My Mind

 


     So the past few days, I’m seeing on my Facebook News Feed pictures of reunions of komiks writers (which I used to be) and editors. Reunions, plural,  meaning these are reunions/parties held in different years (always around Christmas and New Year). And I realized I wasn’t there, that I haven’t attended even a single reunion. I was invited to many of these gatherings, I acquiesced to some of them, but still I didn’t attend, preferring to stay at home, drinking alone, staring at the wall or watching some paint dry while listening to Simon & Garfunkel’s I Am A Rock.

     But now, looking at these photos, and how the people there seemed jovial and in high spirits, I probably should have attended. The food seemed delicious and beer, of course, is free. Tsk! It was a terrible mistake missing these gatherings. I probably would have had a grand time being in these partie—Wait, somebody sent me a private message, it’s from a friend who’s also a writer and he’s inviting me to a safety-protocols-fulfilling post-New Year party.

     I started typing a reply. I am sorry, I can’t attend, I have a date on that day with Gal Gadot.

     I sighed in relief when he said Ok and didn’t insist. I just hope he believed my alibi.

     Then I continued writing my New Year’s resolutions: 1. I will stop being an introvert and be more sociable this year...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...