Two Men And Two Cats


 

     Two days ago, our dog was up for a vaccination again so off we (me and my quarantine-pass-carrying companion) scooted to the vet clinic. I’ve lost count of how many vaccinations he had (and will have) while I don’t know if I had even a single vaccination when I was a child. When we reached the clinic, we saw two dainty-looking men (who gestured like they were lovers) carrying two cats. One was holding a kitten which was so small it could fit in his hand awhile the other one carried a pet space capsule carrier that contained a mature white Persian cat. They looked mightily worried (for the cats) while they waited for the veterinarians (two male veterinarians were in attendance at that day) to attend to them. The two vets were busy attending to a Corgi-carrying old lady. The Corgi wore a hoodie, by the way.

     I heard one of the men talk about not being able to sleep because the cat was ill.

     I don’t see myself owning and caring for a cat.

     Cats, they say, have attitude problem. Some call them evil, or prima donnas who think that they are the masters and their owners, the pets. Cats, they say, are arrogant, judgmental, and really don’t care for their owners. Cats only care about themselves. Unlike dogs, you can’t make them sit, stay and wait. Not for all the treats in the world. Dogs respect the word no, the cats laugh at it. My cousin’s two cats went missing, and my cousin almost went crazy looking for them, to no avail. Then after a few days days, the two cats returned home like nothing happened, demanded food, and slept all day.

     The only reason probably why I would want to own a cat is their alleged ability to see ghosts and spirits. It would probably be thrilling to wake up at wee hours of the night and find your cat staring and purring at something you can’t see or acting like it was being petted by an invisible individual, or gnarling at some unseen demon, demanding that the demon clean its litter box.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...