Calling Out And Catcalling Lady Riders


 

     So I overheard this conversation of two men (jokingly) calling out female cyclists and motorcycle riders. And it reminded me of some of my memorable experiences with them as an occasional cyclist, which all happened last year.

     One, I was waiting for the traffic light to turn green when I felt something repeatedly nudging my rear tire. I glanced back and saw a nervous-looking female motor biker (who looked in her early twenties) behind me who seemed to be having a hard time controlling her scooter, like it would scoot anytime, even before the light could change. I got out of her way, and true enough, when the light turned green, she scooted ahead of all the other vehicles there, almost hitting another motorcyclist on her way.

     Next was when I was attempting to get in front of the vehicles while it was a red light. But before I could do it, a motorcycle with two women on it suddenly came out of nowhere (they squeezed unseen in between the stalled vehicles in perpendicular direction) and blocked my way. I failed to brake in time and hit them hard, causing them to fall to the cement. They screamed like those characters in horror movies did as they fell. I fell too but didn't scream. Lol. They hurriedly got up and scooted away, probably aware that they were in the wrong (they also weren’t wearing helmets). It was only when I reached my destination that I noticed that there was a bleeding cut and an ugly lump on my leg.

    Last was when I was biking behind this female cyclist who was loudly catcalled by a group of young men. I thought she’d just ignore them as she just kept pedaling, but after around a hundred meters, she suddenly and abruptly stopped at the side of the road, which almost made me hit her bike. The catcalls sank in quite delayed, it seemed. I thought she would pedal back and hunt the catcallers and assassinate them one by one. Lol.  But, she just stayed on her spot motionless, her back on me. Then, after a few moments, she pedaled again, but she was slow, so I pedaled past her, and glanced at her, her face was covered by a mask but her cycling shorts exposed her creamy, shapely legs, but no, men should never catcall.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...