WORDS


 

It's only words and words are all I have
To take your heart away

 

     So I learned two new words today, slang words, actually: shower and grower. And every male is either of the two. I am definitely a grower. Lol.

     Anyway, I saw this discussion on how to expand your vocabulary. My vocabulary these days isn’t really wide, but when I was still studying, I would often try to expand it, like there were pages on my notebook allotted for beguiling and sagacious or erudite words. You know, words that often flabbergast you and discombobulate you at the same time. Every day, I’d write a word that is abstruse to me, profound but not so profound and unfathomable, ones you can wield in actual parley. The word ephemeral, for example, and would try to memorize it the whole day, and then, I would try to use it: Ephemeral is not the word to describe my love for you, my beloved. Perdurable is the word, or indissoluble.

     And my imaginary girlfriend would no doubt swoon over it.

     Words, written or spoken, they say, are very powerful. Great, stupendous speeches can spur a nation to yearn for freedom. You can make a woman fall in love with you through a pulchritudinous poem or missive. A one-hundred page book can inspire millions. You can save a life with elegant and guileless words, yes.

     But words can destroy, too. It can break a heart, a life, or  a nation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...