Intrusive Thoughts

 


     Have you experienced something like this, like you’re waiting for the train to come and suddenly, while you see the train arriving, you start thinking to yourself: “What if I jump in front of the oncoming train?” Or while you’re looking down from a very high balcony, you suddenly begin to think: “What if I jump?” Or while you’re working on something with a knife, a thought suddenly pops up in your head: “What If I stab this person beside me?” Or while you’re in a crowded bus, you begin to think: “What if I grab these perky boobs in front of me?”

     Those are called intrusive thoughts, and everyone experiences it. And yes, it’s normal as long as there’s never an urge to really do it, as long as there really isn’t a struggle inside your mind on whether or not to go ahead with it.  But if it’s happening frequently, like every time you ride in your car, you’re thinking of hitting that cyclist in front of you, or whenever you’re on a street, walking in front of a truck always crosses your mind, then, it’s a sign of severe anxiety and stress. Rest and relax, do things that soothe your mind. If you can, avoid going to places or holding things that could fulfill those wicked thoughts. Once a nasty intrusive thought overpowers you, I mean, if you really push that stranger down the tracks while the train is coming, then you’re mentally sick and must go to the doctor. Yes, even if you only did it once and the man survived.

     And speaking of intrusive thoughts, I… I am having one right now as my computer repeatedly hangs.

    What if I push this CPU off my desk?

    But like I said, it’s normal…

    *hands move quickly

    Crash! Clang! Brang!

    Anyway, how much is a new high-end PC these days?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...