Deactivated


 

     Few days ago, I found out that one of my SIM cards (I have two CP numbers and both had been registered) had been deactivated. No, not because I was involved in some scams but because of ‘non-usage.’ I mostly use the other number, so I had forgotten this other number, and the telecom company, probably tired and jealous of watching me preferring to take care of the other number, preferring to snuggle with it and go to bed with it,  just up and yelled, “Enough of you ignoring us!” And then it scrammed.

     I didn’t know that they needed my care and attention.

     Largely to blame for my number’s deactivation here was the free chat on Messenger, instead of texting, we now just send messages on Messenger. Unlike text messaging, it's free and you’re immediately aware if your message has reached or has been read by the recipient, or if the recipient is ignoring your message.

     I know there’s a high possibility that I could just ignore it again and that our relationship would just end up in a divorce, er, deactivation, but still, I bought a new SIM card (from the same telecom). I don’t know, an extra SIM card somehow reassures me, just in case something wrong happens with one of the numbers, especially now that acquiring a new SIM card wouldn’t be as easy as before— because of the need to register it.

     But I’m sure, a lot of people are wishing that they could also say “Enough of you ignoring me!” at the people snubbing them and then leave, or deactivate them, and look for other people that would shower them with care and attention.

     But a heart and a SIM card are two vastly different things.

     It has always been hard to deactivate what a heart feels.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...