Crazy Little Thing Called Caffeine

 


     Few weeks ago, I deduced that maybe, caffeine was part of my sleeping problem. While it’s true that caffeine makes you more alert and energetic and helps you focus on things, it is also a fact that a little too much of it makes you restless, anxious,  irritable, confused, and nervous. Caffeine also gives you headaches and increases your high blood pressure.

     I am not a heavy coffee drinker, I only drink it in the morning at breakfast or when eating out (we usually have coffee after a dine out in a mall), but I drink sodas and eat chocolates, which are also loaded with caffeine.

     So far, so good, I sleep a little better now, not that good yet, but better, so I probably will continue being sort of a teetotaler when it comes to caffeine. I probably have low tolerance to caffeine. So only decaf coffee for me now, and no sodas and no chocolates. I continue to drink green tea, it has much less caffeine than coffee or sodas, but I nonetheless decreased my intake, and I’m thinking of buying decaf tea next time. I’ve got no problem with energy drinks (which are monstrous when it comes to caffeine ) because I never take them.

     Thinking about it, love is a lot similar to caffeine. Love also makes you restless, anxious, irritable, confused, and nervous, and it also gives you headaches and increases your high blood pressure. Too much caffeine will kill you, they say. Too much love will kill you, they also say. Maybe, I’d sleep a little better more if I’d dump love. Okay, I should probably break up with my girlfriend, tell her that she’s as dangerous as caffeine. No, she probably wouldn’t understand that. I’d just tell her this usual breakup line: “It’s not you, it’s me.” I know it would break her, she'd probably beg me not to leave her, and swear to high heaven how much she loves me, and who could blame her? With my sexual prowess and all. But I have to take care of my health, so, yes, I would need to dump her.

     Wait, I don’t have a girlfriend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...