David Bowie Dies Today (But His Legend And Legacy Will Continue To Live)




Around two months ago, we were at a clothes shop when one of my companions unfolded and held a t-shirt aloft and asked, “What are these words?”

I looked at the shirt, read the (almost jumbled) words artistically written in front of it and answered, “That’s the lyrics to ‘Let’s Dance,’ a song by David Bowie." I then started singing the song while I continued staring at the words, even imitating the raspy and booming vocals of David Bowie, to the amusement of the saleslady near us.

... If you say run
I'll run with you
And if you say hide
We'll hide
Because my love for you
Would break my heart in two
If you should fall into my arms
And tremble like a flower

Let's dance
Let's dance
For fear your grace should fall
Let's dance
For fear tonight is all
Let's sway
You could look into my eyes
Let's sway
Under the moonlight, this serious moonlight…

After my impromptu but impeccable performance, and since I was a fan of the song (and Bowie), I bought the shirt and then walked out of the shop, much to the chagrin of the saleslady who was still vigorously clapping and insisting that I sing another song.

And today, sadly, I heard that David Bowie, after battling cancer for months, has died. He was 69. He was a singer, a songwriter, an actor,  a legend, and an icon.

Rest in peace, Ziggy Stardust.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...