A Heavy Metal Pop Song



       Some of my favorite albums are heavy metal (Metallica’s … And Justice For All and Metallica (The Black Album),  Faith No More’s Angel Dust and King For A Day… Fool For A Lifetime and Megadeth’s Countdown To Extinction). These bands are experts when it comes to writing songs that will deliriously shatter your eardrums. And their— so what’s my point?

       Wala lang, just saw this video loitering in my Facebook News Feed, two metal musicians (one of them Jared Dines) writing a  “corny” pop song in just 24-hours, proving once again that many metal musicians are more talented than most pop stars even in writing pop songs. Well, that’s actually my point.

       The song is entitled, wait, they didn’t mention the title of their song. Anyway, the song is good, it’s catchy and has a great hook.

       Okay, all together now:

       I'd like to read some letters I wrote for you
       Didn't have the courage to send them on the Internet
       If I had it my way you'd be here
       But you're not and I swear its ok

       I'll wait for you
       Because true love doesn't just come over night
       But I'm lost without you
       And I'm trying not to fight
       This feeling inside me
       And I know that if you had one wish you'd make it right
       If i had it my way you'd be coming over every night…

      Okay, the lyrics are really, ugh, corny, but it’s good. But it should have a metal scream somewhere (I‘m lost without you, GRAAAAHHHHRGHH!). But wait, it’s a pop song…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...