Oh, Man! (Part II)




       So, I was watching over my 6-year old niece and her 17-month old brother who were playing Play-Doh. My niece was shaping up something that resembled a stethoscope. “Do you want to be a doctor when you grow up?” I asked her.

        She beamed. “Yes.” Just a year ago, she wanted to be an astronaut.

       “Are you going to cure me of my illnesses when I grow old?”

       “Yes, of course.”

       My heart leapt with joy with that answer. “Thank you, you’re very kind,” I said. Imagine not having to worry about medical expenses when you’re old. I did right when I bought my niece an expensive gift last Christmas.

       “But you have to pay me,” added my niece.

       My nephew looked at me, shook his head, and quipped, “Oh, man!”

       I decided that I should start saving money that day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...