Nothing But David Gilmour Songs Today



      Today is David Gilmour’s birthday. 

      David was, of course, Pink Floyd’s masterful lead guitarist and vocalist. And as a tribute, I will listen to nothing but David Gilmour’s solo songs today. No Pink Floyd songs but only David Gilmour songs. Incidentally, most of my favorite David songs are from his second solo studio album, About Face, like "Cruise" ( a sarcastic love song to a nuclear missile), "Murder" (a song about John Lennon’s murder), "You Know I’m Right" (about his legendary conflict with Roger Waters wherein he talks directly to Roger), "Near The End" (about getting old and nearing death) and "Let’s Get Metaphysical" (an instrumental). Believe me when I say that About Face is a great album. Not Pink Floyd-great, of course, but still very good.

      Meanwhile, here’s David singing with Benedict Cumberbatch. It's a Pink Floyd song but I can't find another David video with Benedict or Doctor Strange or Sherlock Holmes in it. Lol.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...