You Can Count On Me, Like 1, 2, 3 ( But Can I Count On You, Like 4, 3, 2?)


      
      
      I didn’t know this song ("Count On Me" by Bruno Mars) existed until I heard my almost three year old (34 months to be exact) precocious nephew singing it while playing some games on our tablet. Yes, singing, not just humming. His mother didn’t know who taught him the song. My take on it is, since he loves numbers and the alphabet and loves to search YouTube videos about them, he accidentally stumbled upon the exact video above and played it and liked it and sang along with it (he can already read). His rendition of the song was so spot on ( we loved how he crooned the “ooohh, ooohh, yeah! yeah!” part) that we ended up singing with him. We probably sang the song 37 times. 

      After that, after a few minutes, I heard him singing “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran, so I turned worriedly to his mother and told her I’d be lending her my  CDs (Pink Floyd, Beatles, Radiohead, Faith No More, U2, Metallica, Nirvana, etc) and let the boy listen to it so he’d grow up knowing quality music and lyrics. Lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...