Unpinching A Nerve (And Unbreaking A Heart)



There's a little black spot on the sun today (that's my soul up there)
It's the same old thing as yesterday (that's my soul up there)...


     A few days ago, I pinched my nerve again, this time at my shoulder (the consequence of trying to exercise/work out too much). Around four years ago, I pinched a nerve in my elbow (I had this bad habit of always leaning on my elbow whenever I use the computer) and it took more than a month to heal. And everyone who had the bad luck of pinching a nerve knows how bad sometimes the symptoms can get, like the numbness, the tingling and the pins and needles sensation, the burning pain radiating on many parts of your body and the feeling of weakness and hopelessness. Yes, same symptoms you get when you’re heartbroken. Lol. Typing at your computer keyboard for a long time even worsens the symptoms.  I tried some over-the-counter painkillers and anti-inflammation meds but stopped when it did nothing (painkillers are bad for your kidneys when taken for a long time).  I just rest these days, use hot and cold compress, drink turmeric (they reduce inflammation, they say) and do some minor exercises in trying to quicken the unpinching of  my  nerve. 

    I'm a bit prone to this affliction, I can still remember my visits to a manghihilot when I was child (Huwag ka masyado malikot para hindi ka naiipitan ng ugat, the hilot would admonish me). Just my luck!  But as always, I take consolation with the fact that it could have been worse. I could have pinched a nerve in my neck which is a lot more painful and uncomfortable. Or I could have been swallowed by a black hole.

     And no, you can’t use hot and cold compress and turmeric and you can't summon a hilot to unbreak your heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...