Revitalizing Filipino Komiks


      Filipino komiks people have been mourning a lot these past few days as some dear colleagues pass on: inside a week, an editor, an illustrator ( who worked on some Tagalog classic komiks novels) and a komiks superfan and supersupporter (as his friends called him) all passed away.

     Years ago, I thought of creating a blog (probably Facebook-based) solely dedicated to local komiks where I’d be endorsing and writing reviews of different komiks (most of them I planned of purchasing from Komikon).  I considered myself retired from being a komiks writer, so I thought of just supporting other komiks peeps who never get tired of revitalizing the local komiks industry. So for a starter, I rummaged through my drawers to find some local komiks to review (the next Komikon was still a few months away then), read it and decided I couldn’t probably do it. I could if I’d write like a PR man and praise every komiks that I’d get ahold of, but I planned to do some honest reviews, to write what I’d really feel and think about these komiks and I’d come to a realization that I’d just end up ruffling some feathers.

     Imagine buying komiks from friends, and they’re expecting you to review it and put some good words about it but finding it bland and illogical, you go on to rip them to shreds instead? It’s okay to part with your friends of many years over a woman (especially if the woman prefers your friend, lol), but over a komiks review? That just seems wrong.

     Anyway, my plan of supporting local komiks in my own little way, I will try hard to pursue.

    Life is short, set all your plans in motion immediately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...