Two Stars Colliding

 


     I learned a little gossip today and what got me intrigued and curious was a song was mentioned, a Filipino love song, which I like and which title has intrigued me for a long time. I remember being perplexed re its title the first time I heard it. Why would the writer choose that title? It is ridiculous and it makes no sense. But now, thanks to the article I’ve read today, I understand now, and I sympathize with the songwriter, and my heart breaks a little for him.

     The  story, nay, the gossip, since people involved are still denying it: He’s a rock star, he fell thoroughly in love with a movie star (there’s this story, don’t know if it’s true, that the first time he really became smitten with her was when he saw a billboard of her on a highway) they became friends, relationship got deeper, he got her pregnant, but her mother (who’s a much bigger star and reportedly concerned about her daughter’s career and yeah, the fact that he didn’t like the guy for her)  tore them apart, and adopted their child, a boy, without revealing the identity of the parents. The pain felt like he’d been stabbed by a balisong (butterfly knife) but he couldn’t do anything about it.

     Yes, it sounds like the plot of a teleserye or a romance novel, albeit, a little overused.  It would be a bit embarrassing for a writer to still write a story with that plot.

     The irony is, this story still happens a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...