It's Yet To Begin To Look A Lot Like Christmas

 

     ‘Went to mall this morning (never thought going to a mall would one day considered be an occasion and a reason for me to write a blog entry) to buy a new pair of sandals (my old one is slowly giving up on life) and make a short trip to grocery. It was the first time I wore a face shield as it became really mandatory starting today, and yes, it was quite uncomfortable, wearing it over a mask (aside from making your breathing a little difficult, it’s strenuous to scratch your nose when it itches), the only consolation was I felt like The Mandalorian while wearing it as it was sort of shaped like the space mercenary’s helmet. Lol.

     After almost a year, I went inside National Bookstore again, I bought a few money cards and ang pao for a sibling, took a sentimental trip to the bookshelves on my way out, looked at the books without touching them, then left the store. I thought of eating in one of the restaurants there, but then decided to just have some take-outs and go back home. The aura inside the mall really wasn’t celebratory, unlike the previous years. I don’t remember now if Christmas carols were even playing while I was there, and the Christmas decorations were really sparse, it’s like the mall was already happy that it still existed and that people still go there.

     The good news is there are vaccines now, the bad news is it’s still uncertain when it would land here.

     Christmas is now here, the only problem is it’s still uncertain on when the cheers it brings would really land in the hearts of many people.

     Hopefully next year.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...