The Long Ride to MOA

 

     I thought this cruel year of 2020 would pass without me achieving anything, and that all I’d ever receive are heartaches and misfortunes, and the perennial threat of having COVID-19. Then this morning, after I finally decided to go to SM Mall of Asia on a bike, Strava (the app that tracks your biking and running activities) congratulated me with a medal for achieving my longest ride (24 kilometers). I think it’s the first medal I’ve ever received in my whole life so I was a little overwhelmed. Never mind that my 73-year old neighbor today did his fifth 150-kilometer ride within this week. Anyway, I want to share this award to my bike, Floydie the Foldie, who showed that he was up to the task. Yes, he’s got small wheels (20er) and frame but he has a giant heart. Thank you, man. Now, I need a week to rest.

     Size matters, lots of women will tell you that, but not when it comes to bikes.


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...