Cold Weather, Stuffy Nose, The Beautiful South And Ingrid Bergman

 


“I want my love, my joy, my laugh, my smile, my needs
Not in the star signs
Or the palm that she reads
I want my sun-drenched, wind-swept Ingrid Bergman kiss
Not in the next life
I want it in this
I want it in this…”

     It is requisite that my allergic rhinitis flare up during cold weather, and it has been cold the last few days, so for the last three days, my nose is stuffy as hell, my head aches and I sneeze a lot, I have the urge to cough every now and I have a recurring slight fever and would have breathing difficulties every now and then. So I just would rest most of the day, and I find myself rediscovering the beautiful songs of The Beautiful South and nerdy Paul Heaton’s gorgeous voice, with “Good As Gold” infecting me with LSS.  If I were paranoid, I’d think that I have the symptoms of COVID-19 and that I should have myself tested. Lol. But I’m not paranoid, well, sometimes, I get anxious when I don’t feel well and anxiety sometimes makes me a little paranoid. But no, I’m okay, it’s just that my nose, like I said, is stuffy as hell. 

     But why do I have recurring fever? And I cough every now and then. I was inside a deli store last week and I coughed and the three employers near me, talking about the woman one of them was courting, promptly jumped into a corner far away from me. Maybe, they sensed that my cough was something different… like it was symptomatic of COV—, oh, darn, this is probably not just hay fever, maybe, I’m really infected… maybe, I really should get tested… and what if I’m immunocompromised, then, COVID-19 would probably kill me… Oh, Jeez, I should probably deactivate my social media accounts, and say goodbye to… (*coughs*)… Oh, God! This is it… I probably should think of an epitaph…

But first, I want an Ingrid Bergman kiss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...