The Rains That Won't Stop


 

     I don’t know, maybe because of its first two lines (we've been experiencing unending strong rains these past few days), but Boz Scaggs “We’re All Alone” appeared on my News Feed yesterday and this morning. It’s a great song, of course, and Boz’s voice is great so I just had to play it repeatedly when it appeared on my feed. And now, it won't leave my head. A few posts away from it when I saw it this morning was the news that some cities in Metro Manila would soon be on a strict lockdown again (you know, the type where you need a quarantine pass to go out of the house) because of the fast-spreading Delta variant of Covid-19.

     Rains that wouldn’t stop, the threat of a lockdown that would limit your time outside, a government that's unconcerned with its people, and a famished bank account that begs for a deposit, I’m feeling very alone now. Lol.

      But really, these types of days just depress you.

     Hopefully, the rain will soon stop, the lockdown won’t be implemented (a lot of people are vaccinated now, I don’t think the hospitals will be that crammed again), the people won't waste the chance to get rid of this type of governance next year, and my bank account, well, I’ve been surviving with it malnourished. Anyway, there’s our dog to give me company, as long as I give him treats. No treats, and he’d rather hang out with the slippers.

     I stood by the window, and oh, look, again, outside, the rain begins…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...