Under The Weather (It's Raining Cats And Puppies)

 


     Yesterday morning, I woke up feeling a little under the weather, wanted to rest; besides, it was raining cats and puppies, er, dogs, but our dog (a 3-month-old beagle) had a scheduled vaccination with the vet, and our puppy’s health preceded my health, and no one else was available to accompany him, so off I took the dog to the vet.

     My condition worsened after going home, I was already nursing a slight fever, which was a little scary. But no, I was already vaccinated, so I really shouldn’t worry about contracting and dying of Covid-19, even via its deadly transmission agent, the Delta.

     I chilled a bit so I decided not to take a bath. Anyway, after the vet, I wasn’t going anywhere yesterday. Believe me, me not taking a bath is a very rare occurrence. Me going out without taking a bath is a rarer occurrence. Rarer than a person being born with a tail. The last time I went out without taking a bath that day and the previous day (I was nursing a fever and a cough and was having chills), a pretty woman whom I liked hooked her arm with mine while we were walking, and for a moment there, I was in a quandary on whether to hug her really tight and lick her neck or scamper away from her lest she contracted some unspeakable disease from me or smelled something bad from me and got turned off by me forever. I decided to make an excuse and run away from her, and up to this day, I think of it as God throwing a cruel joke on me.

     I still feel a little under the weather as I write this, so I don’t know if I’m ready now to face the shower. But then, I’m not going out today so it’s really not a requisite for me to smell good.

     And yeah, I should have licked her neck that day.

     How long would you be jailed for that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...