A Dream, a Fire, and a Good Superhero Name

 



     Few weeks ago, I wrote here about a dream of mine where I saw myself standing outside an apartment building. The building exists IRL and is just a few meters away from our house. It is occupied by mostly Chinese/Filipino-Chinese. In my dream, I remember gazing at the top floor of the building (which was the only visible part from my position as there was a high wall in front of the building), and as I stood waiting (for I didn’t know what), some of its tenants went out of the gate and stood beside me. And then, a van stopped in front of us and I went inside it, leaving the tenants in front of the building.

     This afternoon, at around 1 PM, a fire erupted at the top floor of that apartment building (see photo above).

    Luckily, the fire didn’t reach our house as firemen quickly arrived to put it out. No one was hurt. But it got me thinking, did my dream sort of send me hints of the incoming fire. Can I predict the future now through my dreams? Do I have superpowers now? Am I a superhero now? Lol. I hope not. I always have a hard time naming my characters in my stories; I don’t think I can come up with a good superhero name even if I spend an eternity thinking of it. I would always be unsatisfied with whatever name I can come up with.

     Is Sleepy Man a good name for a superhero with dream power? Or Pillow Man, maybe?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...