Dreaming of Birds

 


     One of my few close encounters with birds includes the time when we brought home a parrot. The poor bird was doing well until a jerk of a cousin (an adopted son of an auntie) played with it with a stick, accidentally hitting one of its eyes, damaging it. The poor bird’s health deteriorated after that, until it died. Another close encounter of mine with birds was when we got a pair of lovebirds as pets. The poor sweethearts were doing well, unabashedly doing PDA all the time in front of us, making us envious, until a clumsy nephew damaged the cage, allowing the pair to fly free.

     Last night, I don’t know why because I wasn’t even thinking of the birds we lost, but I dreamt of birds. I dreamt I was in front of my computer, logged on to my Facebook account, repeatedly changing my cover photo with photos of, yeah, birds—of different species. I looked for its meaning, and they say that dreaming about birds means happiness and success in the future, like you’re going to achieve your goals, or your dreams, or freedom and calmness in life, and the things you really want.

     I wasn’t looking at real birds in my dream, I was just looking at photos of birds at my computer so it probably doesn’t count, I mean, the meaning of birds in dreams don’t reflect my dream.

    So, yeah, unlike in my dream, I'm not sure if I'd be changing my cover photo into a photo of birds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...