All Dogs Should Stay Home


 

     I love dogs, the domesticated ones; the strays, not much. All dogs should stay at home and should be accompanied outside. I was once chased by a seemingly-eager-to-bite dog while biking, and I never biked faster. Fortunately, it gave up after a few blocks. And just this morning, while walking outside, a dog, which was running away from another dog, bumped hard into me. And after that unfortunate physical contact, the dog started following me. It was a big dog, black, not really shabby, didn’t look like it was rabid but still I got scared because its mouth was closed while it was following me. And a dog with its mouth closed, they say, is prepared to bite. A dog with an open mouth is relaxed and happy. I crossed the street and the dog still followed me.

     All hope is lost, I thought, I could never outrun this dog the moment it decided that I deserved a bite. Heck, even Usain Bolt could not outrun a dog. And it was ironic because I went outside to buy dog treats. Or maybe, just, maybe, because I petted and played with our dog before going outside, that this dog could smell our pet dog in me. Anyway, luckily, the dog ultimately gave up on following me and I was able to buy treats unmolested; the dogs in the pet shop I went to were all cute and friendly.

     Yes, a dog bite is more painful than a broken heart.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...