Give Peace(maker) A Chance!

 


     I’ve just finished watching Peacemaker series (one season, eight episodes) and it’s a blast, all the episodes. Peacemaker is part of the hysterical The Suicide Squad (2021). John Cena stars as the buffoonish titular superhero who is a peace advocate (“I cherish peace with all my heart,” Peacemaker says, “and I don’t care how many people I need to kill to get it.”) Like Batman or Hawkeye or Black Widow, Peacemaker doesn’t have superpowers but is a highly-trained assassin.

     I’ve watched some TV superhero series (Loki; Hawkeye; The Falcon and the Winter Soldier; Daredevil; The Umbrella Academy; The Boys; Invincible; Arrow (didn’t finish); Supergirl (didn’t finish); Jupiter’s Legacy; Watchmen; WandaVision (hasn’t finished); Jessica Jones (didn’t finish); Luke Cage (didn’t finish); The Punisher (hasn’t finished); Defenders) but I can say without the slightest hesitation that I find Peacemaker the most (hilariously) entertaining. The Boys is a close second.

     Peacemaker and The Boys, though, are definitely not for kids.

     If you like black comedies or dark, brutal humor, and superheroes, watch Peacemaker, it will make you happy, and see if you can skip even the choreographed intro.

     NEIGHBOR: “Batman doesn’t kill people.”

     PEACEMAKER: “Because he’s a pus*y!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...