Home Alone With A Dog


 

     I am left home alone today with only our dog as my companion, I have no one to talk to and discuss everything that transpired yesterday, the Election day, no one to commiserate with me or console me, and my dog can only cuddle with me and lick me, and can’t offer words of sympathy nor curse the winners, so the reality of it and the bitterness and the pain it all brings is sinking in quicker in me, and yeah, my candidate/s losing is more painful than another man telling you that he’s been exchanging furtive glances and smiles with the woman you love and intending to woo; more painful than your crush dedicating a song about how she misses and pines for the man she dearly loves.

     And the pain quickly worsens as you know for a fact that the winner is wicked and will never be a good president and leader of the country.

     There are rumors of cheating and how the elections results are rigged, and I tend to believe them (the transmission was very fast and so faithful to the surveys that it feels surreal) and I hope they find proof of it.

     I turn the TV on, clicks Netflix and look for comedy or feel-good movies; I need some good distractions…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...