Day of the Introverts


 

How do you spot an introvert in a crowd?

You don’t.

 

     So yesterday, January 2, was World Introvert day, and as expected, no one came out to celebrate and party. Every celebrant decided to just stay home. Lol.

     I don’t know if I’m an introvert, but until now, starting from when I was in grade one, as much as I can, I reject invitations for me to attend parties or any event or happening that would require 20 or more people to gather. If ever I acquiesce, expect me to want to go home every minute while there. I prefer being with a small group of people who I know very well. And while in a group of people I am not close with, don’t expect me to initiate a conversation. I prefer observing the people with me, and then writing about them later. Lol.

     Sometimes, I think I’m just asocial because I am of the opinion that I’m ugly, poor, and inarticulate and that no one would be pleased with my presence. But then I also think that even if I probably had the looks and muscles of Henry Cavill, the eloquence of a motivational speaker and the money of Elon Musk, I probably still would prefer to stay home.

     I have a passport, but I still prefer to just chill at home and not travel.

     Okay, I don’t travel because I don’t have the means.  

     And I still don’t know if I really am an introvert—or just plain ugly and dull and not wanting to bore others with my company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...