Scattered Coins In The House


 

     Coins, they say, are a symbol of prosperity and riches, so it has been a tradition in many Filipino homes to scatter (contemporary) coins inside their homes at New Year's Eve until the New Year arrives.  Putting coins inside your pockets and shaking them as the New Year arrives will also attract financial luck, so  they say, so a lot of people also do this. My family scatter coins around the house every year but I don’t remember ever shaking the coins inside my pocket as the New Year makes it presence felt.

     But the scattered coins still did its job as we had a fairly good 2022.

     But New Year or not, I love collecting coins, local and foreign. There are no superstitious reasons behind it and I’ve no intention of selling them as I don't think they are worth anything, I just love to collect them. But since a lot of people attest that coins bring (financial) luck, I’d feature coins on my first blog this year.

     Photo above is part of my extremely small collection of coins, some of them have multiple copies.

     I also collect paper bills.

     But it’s probably wrong to call it a collection, because I really don’t hunt and collect, I just keep whatever that voluntarily drops into my lap.


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things You Are Not Allowed To Do During Holy Week (Or So They Say)

Wait For Her (The Song And The Poem)

AND HERE'S SOME BAD NEWS...